RHEL 4.2 Anaconda problems

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Dec 20 02:16:04 UTC 2005

Please don't post HTML to mailing lists.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Pierzycki, Chris (GE Healthcare, consultant) wrote:

> I am getting a segfault error message on the F4 screen of the RHEL 4.2
> AMD64 installer.

Segfault, or anaconda/python stack trace? (Does the error appear as a
pop-up box within anaconda?)

If it's a genuine segfault that's very wrong and should be escalated to
RedHat (especially for their RHEL offering).

> I think perhaps the genhdlist is not working well or there is
> something else I have to do.  Any help greatly appreciated.

There is a bug (feature?) in recent anacondas, still present it seems,
where the package order is not taken into account, and must therefore be
generated correctly (with pkgorder). The wiki page which Klaus mentioned
has the details of which commands to run.

Cheers,
Phil