Kickstart across subnets

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MWeiner at ag.com
Tue Dec 27 22:32:24 UTC 2005

NOT a dumb question at all, yes each of the dhcrelay servers can 'see'
the main dhcp server, in fact when testing this setup, I would see the
DHCPREQUEST on the dhcp server coming from the dhcrelay server - when it
worked that is. I tested this by changing one of the interfaces on a
server on the same network as the dhcrelay to bootproto=dhcp and then
ifup'd the device, and after a few moments the interface would be up
with the correct IP, aqnd logs on the dhc server indicated the
communication that had occurred (DHCPDISCOVERY - DHCPREQUEST - DHCPACK)

I need to do some tcpdumps, like you said, this might help a bit.

Thanks for the response.

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information
that is legally privileged. The information is solely for the use of the
intended recipient(s); any disclosure, copying, distribution, or other
use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and