Re: Kickstart across subnets

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, MW Mike Weiner (5028) wrote:

I created a ks boot cd, with all the required files (i.e. vmlinuz,
initrd.img, isolinux.bin, etc) and the key line in my isolinux.cfg is as
follows:

label linux
 kernel vmlinuz
 append ksdevice=eth1 console=tty0 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0
initrd=initrd.img network ip=dhcp
ks=nfs:192.168.34.248:/tftpboot/ks-fc2.cfg selinux=0

Why the console, load_ramdisk, prompt_ramdisk, and network arguments? I'm not sure these are necessary, and they potentially cloud the problem.

Is it possible that the network switches for the problematic machines are taking some time to bring up the port? This can happen with high(er) end hardware and the Spanning Tree Protocol. anaconda's undocumented "linksleep" setting can help here.

I have to complete these 400+ kickstarts by the end of January 2006.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Phil