Out of Disk Space !!

Jaswinder Singh Kohli jskohli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 04:09:13 UTC 2005

I checked the CD Media for errors, worked very fine otherwise.
Did a installation from same CD to different hardware piece eServer
xSeries Blade thing
from IBM, worked like charm.

Now since i changed the ROM drive and other things in the machine,
either there is some
incompatibility b/w the hardware and kernel 2.6.x or anaconda.

Since the same CD works on different hardware as mentioned.
The hardware is cPCI-6860A based system from ADLINK Technologies, comes with
SCSI card from MPT

Details over here.
http://www.powerbridge.de/daten_e/p_picmg2.16-cpu/cpci-6860/cpci-6860.htm
ours is, 2Ghz 2 way LV Xeon processors

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:29:06 +0800, John Summerfield
<debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 February 2005 13:07, Jaswinder Singh Kohli wrote:
> > It is always giving same error,
> > error -2147483630 reading header: cpio read failed - Success
>
> There's a buif in cpio right there.
> The negative number is nonseens, and "cpio read failed - Success"
> means that cpio detected an error, presumably in a read operation, and then
> then used some function that worked before saving errno or creating a useful
> error message.
>
> The missing information _may_ help you resolve the problem. You could,
> perheps, check your media for errors; I can imagine (without investingating)
> that at some points cpio gets to read from the install CD/DVD.
>
> --
>
> Cheers
> John Summerfield
> tourist pics: http://environmental.disaster.cds.merseine.nu/