Genhdlist issue on RH 9

Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com
Fri Feb 4 14:34:35 UTC 2005

Thanks for the suggestions.

genhdlist is evil :)   The easiest route for me was to boot a FC3 system,
mount the NFS dir and run my commands.  This worked great!

             "Oden, James"
             <James.Oden at tekel
             ec.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "Discussion list about Kickstart"
             kickstart-list-bo         <kickstart-list at redhat.com>
             unces at redhat.com                                           cc
             No Phone Info
             Available                                             Subject
                                       RE: Genhdlist issue on RH 9

             02/02/2005 12:22
             PM

             Please respond to
              Discussion list
              about Kickstart
             <kickstart-list at r
                edhat.com>

> Hello,
>
> My NFS server is RH 9 with anaconda & anaconda-runtime 9.0-4 RPMs
> installed.  I want to set up to install Fedora Core 3 systems.
>
> The FC3 kickstart worked fine when I used RPMs off the CDs. But then I
> updated some of the RPMs and I now need to run genhdlist.
> Based on what I
> have read, I need to run the following commands:
>
> PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda
> /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder /var/redhat.disks/fc3 i386 Fedora >
> pkgorder.txt
> /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora --withnumbers
> --pkgorder pkgorder.txt /var/redhat.disks/fc3
>
> The problem lies in the fact that my version of genhdlist
> does not support
> the productpath or pkgorder options.  I have the latest
It was --fileorder in RH9 and think it still is in RHEL3.  Don't know
about product path,
but could download the SRPMS for the fedora one and the RH9 one, do a
diff between the two genhdlist.c files and come up with a patch.  I am
guessing the --productpath is pretty trivial to add back into a RH9
anaconda.

Cheers...james