initrd.img module loading

Ronald Reed rreed at ops.sgp.arm.gov
Tue Feb 8 17:20:24 UTC 2005

Maybe I am misunderstanding what is being said or I am not making myself
clear.

This is a fresh kickstart install, with a standard RedHat Enterprise 3.0
boot image and kickstart file. (I am customizing a kickstart CD, but it
is the standard bootdisk.img file for the CD boot)

When the install starts, it finds the megaraid device first and assigns
it as /dev/sda. This makes anaconda format and install to the wrong raid
set.

I guess I could remake the initrd.img for the install, but I am not sure
what options to use to make a new initrd.img for the bootdisk.img so
that it still has all the options that it currently has in it, but just
load the aacraid driver before it loads the megaraid one.

Ron