Out of Disk Space !!

Jaswinder Singh Kohli jskohli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 05:07:47 UTC 2005

Hi Moacyr,
Out of space and outta luck now....
The above thing doesn't work.
It is always giving same error,
error -2147483630 reading header: cpio read failed - Success

and on conole 3,
Error transfering stage2.img: [Errorno 2]: No such file or directory:
'/mnt/sysimage/proc/rhinstall-stage2.img'

and on console 4,
<4> Error -3 while decompressing !

Is there anywhere i can seee, the detailed log file and post it over
here, as to help it
analyse. This problem might be related to anaconda and my hardware compatibility

The installation of RedHat 9 proceeds quite well. I tested it for
nearly 5-7 times to
give any error remotely of same nature as this, but the hardware
worked fine with
Redhat 9.

I am totally stuck, don't know, what is it to be worked on, Hardware,
Linux kernel, or the
Anaconda.

Any directions here with anything....

---Hardware Specs---
----START----
Product Specifications cPCI-6860
6U/8TE system slot CPU board, PCI 2.1 and PICMG® 2.1 hot swap
compliant, 64-bit/66MHz PCI interface, PICMG 2.16 and 2.9 (IPMI)
compliant
Dual low-voltage Xeon CPU 1.6/1,8/2.0GHz with 400MHz FSB or single
Xeon CPU up to 2.4GHz, CPU's each with 512k L2
Intel E7500 memory control hub
Intel 82801CA I/O control hub
Intel 82870P2 PCI/PCI-X 64-Bit hub
Intel 21154 PCI/PCI bridge to J1/J2 64-bit/66MHz
Up to 7 I/O slots 33MHz or 4 slots 66MHz
1GB/2GB/4GB dual channel DDR200 ECC RAM
Two Gigabit Ethernet ports (front/rear/PICMG2.16) (82546 via PCI-X
bus), one 10/100BaseTX port (82559ER)
Intel PXE remote boot support
ATI Rage-XL graphic controller 8MB VRAM, resolution up to 1600x1200x32
One RS232, two USB 1.1, and a PS/2 MS/KB port on FP
Award/Phoenix PnP BIOS in Flash
HW monitor (W83782D) and Watchdog (1s up to 255min)

Product Specifications Transition Module cPCI-R6860
Intel 82870P2 PCI/PCI-X 64-bit hub
2 Gigabit Ethernet ports (82546 via PCI-X bus)
Ultra-160 SCSI port (SYS53C1000R)
Floppy interface, 2 ATA100 ports, PC Card slot
1 RS232 and 2 USB 1.1 ports, opt. management port
VGA and PS/2 mouse/keyboard lead out at RP

Regards
JSK
jskohli (AT) gmail (DOT) com