passing a variable from boot to %pre or %post scripts

French, David David_French at intuit.com
Wed Feb 23 19:55:07 UTC 2005

Sure.  A trick I use is to set values on the boot command line in the grub
loader config.  I modified my boot CD to have an option called quick at the
loader prompt.  I then pass the param anaconda_quick as a command line
argument to the kernel, which will ignore unknown options, and so will the
drivers.

Now in %pre and %post you can get the info from the /proc/cmdline file.

	-_Dave