Error 2 mounting none after kickstart

Dallas L. Engelken dallase at nmgi.com
Wed Jan 19 17:36:43 UTC 2005

I'm trying to rebuild a fedora core 3 install down to a single disk.
I've got it to 400mb and the kickstart works fine and everything
installs as expected.  However, after it reboots I get

mount: error 2 mounting none
Switching to new root
switchroot: mount failed: 22
umount /initrd/dev failed: 2

So I'm stuck now.  If I boot a rescue disk, everything is there and it
looks fine.  My partition table is just 4 primary partitions,  /boot, /,
swap, and tmp, and they are ext3.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  I've seen the "error 2 mounting
none" message by searching google, but they all seemed to be related to
failed upgrades.

Thanks,

Dallas