Is there a way to disable hardware for kickstart?

Cameron, Thomas Thomas.Cameron at bankofamerica.com
Thu Jan 13 21:53:51 UTC 2005

Howdy all -

I am trying to kickstart a RHEL 3 box with both internal disks and SAN attached storage.  Unfortunately the internal storage is /dev/cciss/c0d0 and the SAN stuff is seen as /dev/sda, /dev/sdb and so on.  The server boots off of internal disks (/dev/cciss/c0d0) but kickstart wants to write the boot record to the SAN (/dev/sda).

So I was thinking that I could somehow tell the kernel to not load the drivers for the QLogic fibre channel cards.  I think that in modules.conf I could do "alias qla2200 off" but I am not sure how to do this from the Syslinux boot: prompt.

Help?

Thomas