generic ks.cfg to auto-partition raid0 on X number of disks.

Rishi usergroups at theargoncompany.com
Thu Jan 13 22:13:16 UTC 2005

Hi

I wanted to know if it is possible to create a generic kickstart file to
auto-partition the disk or disks in the following manner
- First / partition with 1 Gb
- Second partition is 500 MB swap and
- The space on the remaining disk or disks be configured as /backup with RAID0

Issues.......
- Machine 'A' may have just one 40 GB HDD ...
- Machine 'B' may have just two 40 GB HDD ...
- Machine 'C' may have just one 40 GB IDE HDD and one 30 GB SCSI disk.
- Machine 'D' may have three HDD of 20,40 and 40 GB

Is it possible to create a generic ks.cfg to work for all?

I've tried but I have not understood the what raid.X means....

Any ideas / tips on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Regards

Rishi