Is there a way to disable hardware for kickstart?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Jan 14 15:36:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 10:16 -0500, Brian Long wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 16:53, Cameron, Thomas wrote:
> > I am trying to kickstart a RHEL 3 box with both internal disks and SAN
> > attached storage.  Unfortunately the internal storage is
> > /dev/cciss/c0d0 and the SAN stuff is seen as /dev/sda, /dev/sdb and so
> > on.  The server boots off of internal disks (/dev/cciss/c0d0) but
> > kickstart wants to write the boot record to the SAN (/dev/sda).
[snip]
> The other way around it is to use the drive ordering to specify cciss
> first.  I've not tested this, however:
>
> bootloader --driveorder=cciss,sda

This is the recommended way to do it (syntax would be --
driveorder=cciss/c0d0,sda though)

In the future, there's some logic to bump the "known" FC controller
modules to the end of the list of modules for ordering.  This is will be
in RHEL4 and enabled by default and also available for use in RHEL3 U5
if you boot with 'linux latefcload'.  Should hopefully make some
people's lives easier.

Cheers,

Jeremy