%pre script problem

Stephen Mah steve.mah at oracle.com
Tue Jan 25 01:30:00 UTC 2005

I have a working kickstart cfg file that I'm trying to change to our
"expert" cfg file which basically has user intervention in a text
console. I use chvt from 7 to 1 for a brief moment to prompt the user
for choices.

This worked in RHEL3, but for RHEL4 it seems to have problems with the
text based consoles. ie: tty1.

The text console appear to have squished text in the upper disply area.
It's very microscopic to the point where it's eligible.

Has anyone experienced this and knows how to fix this.

thanks