Kickstart hangs when removing sendmail

Chris Mckenzie Chris.McKenzie at entrust.com
Fri Jan 28 04:22:21 UTC 2005

Thanks Phil.

- Definitely indefinitely? Or just a really long time?

Never comes back. I've waited as long as 20 minutes.

- Why not exclude sendmail from the package list in the kickstart file?

I didn't. Most probably included as part of a RH package I most definately
didn't expect to include a sendmail dep, or anaconda insists on installing
it despite not including it.

- ps/pstree on the Alt+F2 VT should show at which point the thing's hung

Don't know if it'll help.

- rpm has various verbose/debugging flags which should help pin it down

I'll have to take a closer look. Maybe I can get more out of rpm after all.

Thanks.

- Chris

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Chris Mckenzie wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>My kickstart occasionally hangs indefinitely intermittedly when from my
>%post I call:
>
>	rpm -e sendmail

- Definitely indefinitely? Or just a really long time?
- Why not exclude sendmail from the package list in the kickstart file?
- ps/pstree on the Alt+F2 VT should show at which point the thing's hung
- rpm has various verbose/debugging flags which should help pin it down

Cheers,
Phil