pkgorder, genhdlist

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Wed Jul 6 20:33:36 UTC 2005

Hello, all -

I have a few questions here regarding the use of genhdlist and pkgorder.
 My understanding is that something such as the following must be run,
after editing comps.xml to suit one's needs:

...edit comps.xml...
...if any RPMs are included in comps.xml, throw 'em in RedHat/RPMS...

pkgorder /tmp/rhel-1 i386 CentOS|tee /tmp/rhel-1/pkgorder.txt

genhdlist --withnumbers --fileorder /tmp/rhel-1/pkgorder.txt --hdlist
/tmp/rhel-1/RedHat/base/hdlist /tmp/rhel-1/

Now, I almost had it working up until the point where I ran genhdlist a
second time.  I get a Python error:

AttributeError:  'dict' object has no attribute 'order'

I know nothing of python, I can only imagine that this has something to
do with the order in which my pkgorder.txt file was created.

So then I got to thinking.  Shouldn't genhdlist create the
base/hdlist{2} files from scratch?  I removed my existing base/hdlist{2}
files, and genhdlist crapped out on me.  I'm not sure why.

If anyone wouldn't mind giving me some pointers, once again, I would be
very appreciative.

Thanks!
-dant