Create Custom Boot CD.

Avery Fay avery at port25.com
Mon Jul 11 17:34:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 10:27 -0700, Dan Trainor wrote:
> This has been an uphill battle for me in most part due to Anaconda not
> being very well documented, and the process of actually making a CD in
> the form that you speak of, next to impossible.

I just finished doing this using RHEL4 as a base. I got the packages all
on one CD including custom RPMs and conf files. It was a PITA.

> When I'm all finished, I plan on writing a pretty complete guide to what
> I had done, hopefully so that others can learn from it and use it and go
> on about their lives and not have to waste months on this.  Anaconda has
> an amazing amount of functionality, and purpose.  The only problem is,
> seems as if no one knows how to really use it and prepare media for it
> to use.

I've been meaning to write up something too, although my time right now
is limited. I'll be able to answer any questions anyone has though
(hopefully).

As a start, here's some sites I found useful (most are outdated):

http://sysadmin.cs.caltech.edu/docs/help/Linux/rh7.2-ks-cd
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/RedHat-CD-HOWTO/
http://www.harkness.co.uk/other/kickstart.html
https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Resources/KnowledgeBase/Docs/20050217134106