Questions re: GRUB installation and setup in Anaconda

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Fri Jul 1 23:33:59 UTC 2005

Hello, all -

I just tried to send a similar message to the rpm-list@ list to try to
find an answer, but no such luck.

I'm trying to figure out how GRUB works in an Anaconda installation.  I
need to modify some kernel lines of a grub.conf file for my
installation.  I've already taken apart a grub src RPM and checked
through the .spec to see if the actual RPM is responsible for
establishing the installation of GRUB and it's related files, but I
couldn't find anything in there.

Like I told those guys, I'm somewhat convinced that Anaconda actually
does the setup and installation of grub, and that's where I need to look
to solve this one.

I guess what I'm asking here is how one might go about modifying GRUB
kernel paramater lines during an Anaconda installation, be it kickstart
or otherwise.  Should I just make some awk hackery in %post to
accomplish this task manually, or is there a more, uhm, "nicer" approach?

Thanks!
-dant