pkgorder, genhdlist

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Thu Jul 7 18:06:30 UTC 2005

Dan Trainor wrote:
> Hello, all -
>
> I have a few questions here regarding the use of genhdlist and pkgorder.
>  My understanding is that something such as the following must be run,
> after editing comps.xml to suit one's needs:
>
> ...edit comps.xml...
> ...if any RPMs are included in comps.xml, throw 'em in RedHat/RPMS...
>
> pkgorder /tmp/rhel-1 i386 CentOS|tee /tmp/rhel-1/pkgorder.txt
>
> genhdlist --withnumbers --fileorder /tmp/rhel-1/pkgorder.txt --hdlist
> /tmp/rhel-1/RedHat/base/hdlist /tmp/rhel-1/
>

> Now, I almost had it working up until the point where I ran genhdlist a
> second time.  I get a Python error:
>
> AttributeError:  'dict' object has no attribute 'order'
>
> I know nothing of python, I can only imagine that this has something to
> do with the order in which my pkgorder.txt file was created.
>
> So then I got to thinking.  Shouldn't genhdlist create the
> base/hdlist{2} files from scratch?  I removed my existing base/hdlist{2}
> files, and genhdlist crapped out on me.  I'm not sure why.
>
> If anyone wouldn't mind giving me some pointers, once again, I would be
> very appreciative.
>
> Thanks!
> -dant

Good morning -

If anyone has any questions as to what kind of data I'm working with, I
have attached some resources that may help:

comps.xml:
http://pastebin.com/309018

VC1 of Anaconda:  http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4018/screenshot5sd.png

VC3 of Anaconda:
http://img298.imageshack.us/img298/816/screenshot10dx.png

Oddly enough, you'll notice that VC3 complains about not being able to
find comps.xml, but at a later date says that it's being used from a
remote server.  Furthermore, the webserver's logs indicate that this
file, along with a few others, were retreived properly.

Again, any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-dant