Create Custom Boot CD.

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Mon Jul 11 17:57:14 UTC 2005

> > This has been an uphill battle for me in most part due to Anaconda not
> > being very well documented, and the process of actually making a CD in
> > the form that you speak of, next to impossible.
>
> I just finished doing this using RHEL4 as a base. I got the packages all
> on one CD including custom RPMs and conf files. It was a PITA.

It's less of a PITA than doing network-based installs.

If you can swing it, I would suggest that as an alternative to custom boot CDs
since it can involve a lot less misery when generating hdlist files.

Dan - good to hear about the documentation project - looking forward to seeing
it, and would be happy to help out.

Klaus