Create Custom Boot CD.

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Mon Jul 11 18:02:24 UTC 2005

Klaus Steden wrote:
>>>This has been an uphill battle for me in most part due to Anaconda not
>>>being very well documented, and the process of actually making a CD in
>>>the form that you speak of, next to impossible.
>>
>>I just finished doing this using RHEL4 as a base. I got the packages all
>>on one CD including custom RPMs and conf files. It was a PITA.
>>

> It's less of a PITA than doing network-based installs.
>
> If you can swing it, I would suggest that as an alternative to custom boot CDs
> since it can involve a lot less misery when generating hdlist files.
>
> Dan - good to hear about the documentation project - looking forward to seeing
> it, and would be happy to help out.
>
> Klaus

Klaus -

Yeah, I hope it turns out well.  However, I'm still stumped here.

I managed to generate my hdlist files, which seem alright.  However, the
installation still dies.

VC1 immediately drops to "install exited abnormally" after comps.rpm is
retrieved from the HTTP server.  VC3 is a little less than helpful by
saying "WARNING: not all packages in hdlist had order tag".  I'm not
quite sure what this means, however, I'm researching it.

How am I supposed to rebuild comps.rpm?  I'm going to rip it apart and
take a look, but I'll also wait for your response in the meantime, if
you've got any ideas.

Thanks again!
-dant