Installing an RPM later on in pkgorder

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Wed Jul 13 22:29:36 UTC 2005

Hello, all -

I've got another one for ya.

I have an RPM that I made which I've integrated into comps.xml, and it
works fine that way.  However, it does start a TCP-based server, which
itself as a client connects to, to set up some default configuration
options.

A few days ago, this RPM was installed next to last in Anaconda, and it
worked fine.  However, I have since added some more RPMs to comps.xml,
and now this particular RPM is being installed right in the middle of
Anaconda.  I believe that this is dictated by using pkgorder.  This RPM
is no longer installing properly during Anaconda, and some of the errors
that this RPM is giving upon install, indicate that something regarding
the TCP/IP subsystem is either not installed yet, or not configured
properly, as if waiting for another RPM to install later via ANaconda
and set up the since "broken" service.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there any way to specify in which order
RPMs are installed, inside of Anaconda?  I understand that pkgorder does
it's best to guess to correct order in which to line up packages for
install with Anaconda, but there's got to be a way to make a few
exceptions to this, and install the packages in the order that I see fit.

If anyone has any experience with this, or if they can advise me a bit,
I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
-dant