probing a system for drives in the pre phase

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Wed Jul 13 23:07:01 UTC 2005

> I haven't been able to figure out how to get access to the console for
> a user friendly UI...  I do everything in a different console and
> that's not as good.
>
> Has anyone done this?

Yes.

I customized the netstg2.img, inserting my own script called 'anaconda'.

/sbin/loader invokes /usr/bin/anaconda when bootstrapping begins (after
this stage which does what I want, then I have it exec the real anaconda
script once it's done running.

I suppose it's a little dodgy, but it was the way to get what I wanted
accomplished.

It should be possible to insert such a mechanism in any of the boot images
(hdstg2.img, netstg2.img, etc.).

If you want more detail, email me off list, or point me at a Wiki and I'll be
happy to fill you in!

hth,
Klaus