Failure to run %post in rpms

Ian Leonard ian at smallworld.cx
Fri Jul 15 11:21:29 UTC 2005

Dan Carpenter wrote:
> %post is run in a chroot on the system.

Just to be sure, this is the %post script in the rpm, not the kickstart
file.

> What did the error messages look like?

I see lines like this:

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.34500:line 4: /bin/cp: No such file or directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.34500:line 18: /bin/cat: No such file or directory
error: %post(microplay-1.0.0.31.i386) scriplet failed, exit 127

Thanks.

> thanks,
> dan
>
> On 7/14/05, Ian Leonard <ian at smallworld.cx> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have produced a single FC4 disk. It appears to install okay but
>>checking the install.log I see it has failed to run the %post scripts on
>>several rpms. The reason is that the script couldn't find utilities like
>>cp and grep. I tried putting in absolute paths to the files but it still
>>doesn't work.
>>
>>I don't know when these are installed. Any suggestions on what to do
>>next would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ian Leonard

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.