Odd partition labeling

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 13:58:32 UTC 2005

> What seems to be happening is that anaconda sees an existing label with the same
> name, so it appends a 1 (see fsset.py).  Since I mount the old root in my PRE,
> think I'll now add the additional step of changing the labels so they won't
> conflict with the new ones anaconda wants to use.  Something like the below:

This does indeed seem to be what's going on.  I've added some code to
clobber preexisting labels but that doesn't end up making any difference
because labels are read well before the clobber code gets run.  I don't
yet know what the solution here is but I'll look at it again during the
Rawhide cycle.

- Chris