Kickstart: correct way to disable SELinux

Ian Leonard ian at smallworld.cx
Tue Jul 19 11:37:00 UTC 2005

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 11:53 -0700, Dan Trainor wrote:
>
>>Hi -
>>
>>You know, this never did work for me, I'm not sure why.  I've tried this
>>on dozens of kickstarts, with dozens of different versions, to no avail.
>

> How does this "not work"?  I've done it w/ FC3 and FC4 and it works just
> fine...  Selinux is in disabled mode.

Well, it's just failed for me. I have single disk install and found that
the SELINUX line was set to enforcing in /etc/sysconfig/selinux. It's
always worked in the past so off the top of my head I have the following
observations:

1. I may have removed an important rpm
2. This is the first time I have used FC4
3. I may never have noticed (but I don't believe this one)
4. This is the first time I have build CD's as opposed to a http install

So what does the selinux --disable line actually do? Does it just edit
the sysconfig/selinux file or something more subtle?

--
Ian Leonard

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.