NFS over TCP?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Jul 20 16:23:18 UTC 2005

Ever since I migrated my servers to gigabit Ethernet I've found that
kickstart installs of 100mbit clients are terribly slow.  I think this
has to do with a flow control problem with the switch, but that's
another message on another mailing list.  Through testing I found that
the problem only happens with UDP NFS; TCP NFS and other TCP-based
protocols are fine.  I switched over to HTTP installs and it works,
but due to the separate download step for each package it's not quite
as quick so I'd like to try TCP NFS.

Is it possible to enable TCP NFS for a kickstart install?

 - J<