Kickstart Installs of FC2

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MWeiner at ag.com
Wed Jun 22 13:49:09 UTC 2005

OK, major steps forward, found there was an offending line in my
kickstart script trying to get the console going on boot, removed it and
all is well, the install starts, and things look GREAT!

However I have a new issue this morning, I fire up the test box, it goes
out, gets an IP, gets the kickstart script, begins the install albeit in
an X window (strange as I told kickstart to skipX - though I believe
that's for setting up the client X), all goes well until it hits an RPM
it seems not to like and throws up the standard error:

There was an error installing 'X'.rpm This can indicate a media failure,
lack of disk space, and/or hardware problem. This is a fatal error and
your install will be aborted. Please verify your media and try your
install again.

Well, when I reboot the system to try again, it fails on yet another
RPM. I rsync'd the RPMS down from loop-mounted ISOs so I am unsure why
it is complaining of bad media. Has anyone else had this problem, and
how do we work around this issue? I see nothing in any logs on the
server providing the install media.

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated
Michael Weiner