Edited comps.xml - now what?

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Wed Jun 22 22:35:52 UTC 2005

Hello, all -

I've used many suggestions that you guys have provided over the last few
weeks to create a distribution that I am comfortable with.  However, I'd
like to take it one step further here.

I have created a comps.xml file that I am happy with.  It's my
understanding that this file is referenced to 'RedHat/Base/hdlist{2}' to
map a package alias name against a real filename.

Am I understanding things correctly that if I want to add my own
packages to comps.xml, I would somehow need to rebuild a
'RedHat/Base/hdlist{2}' file(s), including the package names of which I
would like to add?

Documentation regarding anaconda-runtime is very sparse.  The best info
I've found came from mailing lists.  Right now, I'm plowing through the
anaconda-runtime files trying to see which steps I need to preform.  But
any help from you all would be great.

Thanks!
-dant