Edited comps.xml - now what?

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Thu Jun 30 00:37:33 UTC 2005

Philip Rowlands wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Dan Trainor wrote:
>

>>Are these questions legit, or am I just being crazy here? ;)
>>
>>Anyone have any documentation on genhdlist?  Can I expect my RPMs to
>>"install" normally when installing from Anaconda, or do the RPMs have to
>>be "special"?
>

> No special requirements, but also precious little "official"
> documentation for anaconda-utils. If the mailing list archives don't
> cover it, it's not worth knowing... in a pinch the sourcecode is always
> available.
>

> Cheers,
> Phil

Phil -

Very good point, indeed.  After all, what good is Open Source without
the source?  Unfortunately, I do not agree with you about if it's not
covered, it's not worth knowing.  I'm sure Anaconda has plenty of
potential, and many others would immediate benefit from these little
details.

However, not all of us are gifted enough to have an intimate
understanding of major and minor languages at the drop of the hat.  By
trade, I am by no means a programmer - however, I can generally figure
something out.

Thanks!
-dant