Kickstarting FC2 installs

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MWeiner at ag.com
Thu Jun 30 21:08:38 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Philip Rowlands
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:29 PM
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: Re: Kickstarting FC2 installs

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, MW Mike Weiner (5028) wrote:

>Is it possible to do what I am trying (eg create a ks bootdisk and do
>an nfs install of fc2)? Everything I have read leads me to believe it
>can. So my question is, why am I seeing two different behaviors? The
>only REAL difference is via PXE I load the vmlinuz and initrd.img from
>the FC2/images/pxeboot tree rather than using say bootimg and dd to
>create a boot disk. Would this cause this type of behavior? I tried to
>get those two files onto my boot disk but alas they are too large for a

>1.44M floppy.

Erm, which files *did* fit? You'd need both vmlinuz and initrd to get
the network drivers, without which you'd see, well, the issues you're
having.

You'd have to jump through a painful number of hoops to get working
floppy bootdisk with FC2. Is CD-ROM an option?
--

Ya, unfortunately a CD ks boot disk is required. The initrd and vmlinuz
alone are well over the size of the floppy, plus, it seems that if you

So to that end, unfortunately, I will burn to a miniCD and go that
route, but what a waste.

Thanks for the response
Michael Weiner