Kickstart dies after post-install

Seremeth, Stephen SSeremeth at anacomp.com
Thu Jun 2 17:43:19 UTC 2005

So, chalk this up to another "I spent way too long trying to figure out
why anaconda acts a certain way" type issue, but I just saw my first
congratulations screen since kickstarting my own custom ES 4 installers.

In previous versions (and maybe it was just AS 2.1), this worked fine in
the %post section:

/sbin/service network start
/sbin/service portmap start
ifconfig $ETH_ACTIVE $ip up
/usr/sbin/ntpdate $NTPSERVER

In ES 4, these commands somehow (haven't figured out how yet) cause the
install to crash (throws a traceback referenced in previous email) after
the post section has been run and before the congrats screen.

I'm hoping this email will hopefully save someone else the agony I have
just lived through trying to debug this.  Btw - I was getting the same
problems on two types of hardware doing PXE nfs installs, and the
hardware checked out fine.

Regards,

Steve