genhdlist?

Michael Shuler mshuler at rackspace.com
Sat Jun 4 13:23:15 UTC 2005

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

I just wanted to add one little tidbit here that tripped me up for a few
minutes.  Building an x86_64 install tree on an i686 kickstart server
fails, unless:

# to build x86_64 tree, we need to trick genhdlist
echo x86_64-redhat-linux > /etc/rpm/platform

> /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora XXX
> PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder XXX i386 Fedora > pkgorder
> /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora --fileorder pkgorder XXX

# set back the correct /etc/rpm/platform
echo i686-redhat-linux > /etc/rpm/platform

Kind Regards,
Michael Shuler