kickstart exited abnormally -- sig-11

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Jun 7 03:23:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 14:10 -0700, Fong Vang wrote:
> I tried kicking three different machines but they all exited with
> signal 11.  In the past, I’m able work around this by disabling USB or
> ACPI.  This problem exists for both RedHat 9 as well as RedHat
> Enterprise WS 3.0.
>

> System is able to PXE Boot.. loads kernel and RamDisk without any
> problem.  Then right after system obtains an IP address and Host
> information, it errors out with a “install exited abnormally –
> received signal 11” message and terminates.  There’s nothing on the
> screen (all virtual terminals) to indicate a problem
>
> This is the last line displayed in vts-3:
>

>       * ks location:
>         nfs://192.168.1.1:/install/Kickstart/192.168.1.238-kickstart

Hi Fong.  I've ran into this before (I think you know where).

Just as a sanity test, can you try accessing the ks config file over
http rather than NFS?

ks=http://192.168.1.1/install/Kickstart/192.168.1.238-kickstart

I know this doesn't fit well into your environment, however I had to
change my environment over when I consistently ran into this.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: