comps.xml, ordering in RPMs, and nVidia drivers

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Tue Jun 7 21:30:02 UTC 2005

> >So how do I specify the right version of the kernel module in the
> >comps.xml file so that it gets installed automagically? Is this the
> >normal way to do things, or should I just install it manually in the
> >%post section of kickstart?
>
> Sounds like you might be missing out the genhdlist and/or pkgorder steps
> required when making certain changes to comps.xml (see list archives for
> details).

Hmmm, it seems I've got more than one package for a culprit, though. What
causes this? It kills anaconda dead - I'd like to understand how it happens so
I can prevent it wherever possible.

> %post would probably be the quickest/easiest solution in this case.

Yeah, that works if I've only got one or two packages that work that way, but
I've got more than that. I would prefer to use the comps.xml framework as it
is more portable and more flexible in the long term.

cheers,
Klaus