comps.xml, ordering in RPMs, and nVidia drivers

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Tue Jun 7 22:29:23 UTC 2005

> Hmmm, it seems I've got more than one package for a culprit, though. What
> causes this? It kills anaconda dead - I'd like to understand how it happens so
> I can prevent it wherever possible.

It's a bad sign when I reply to myself but from the looking around I did, this
bug/error message crops up a lot but there isn't a lot available to explain
why. For what it's worth, I found the instructions/info here to be helpful in
solving my problem as well:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2005-May/msg00052.html

(I was working with an RPM called 'XnView-static.i386.rpm').

cheers,
Klaus