Guide to comps.xml and friends

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Wed Jun 8 01:38:54 UTC 2005

'Evening, all -

I've been working on creating my own comps.xml file for use with a
kickstart install, to make a fully custom mini distribution based on
CentOS and/or RHEL.

Things are going well, and I'd be happy to publish the file for someone
else to use, if they would like.

However, I was wondering if anyone has found, or has in their posession,
a comprehensive guide to comps.xml, detailing which packages have which
dependencies, which groups are inherited, which groups are required, the
true definition of each directive (<packagereq
type="[default][mandatory][optional]>, for instance)... stuff like that.
  I'm sure that I can whip this out in maybe a few days, but I'd rather
not re-invent the wheel, ya know?

I think that's about it for now.  You guys have been very helpful over
the past couple months, and I greatly appreciate that and thank you all.

Thanks
-dant