Guide to comps.xml and friends

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Wed Jun 8 20:35:49 UTC 2005

Klaus Steden wrote:
>  >

>>>Thanks for the heads-up Brian.  Does this mean that the list that Jeremy
>>>had posted does not apply for RHEL3+ systems?
>>
>>It means you no longer need to have the packages section or run
>>getfullcomps.py.  You just have groups and grouphierarchy.  Look at the
>>comps.xml that comes on the ISO and you'll see what I mean.
>>

> What's the official procedure for rolling your own comps.xml in the meantime?
>
> I took the one from the ISO, inserted my own stuff, and copied it into my
> install tree ... but I'd like to do it the right way, rather than my way.
>
> Klaus

Yea, mine blew up, too.  I'm still just in the "fooling around" stage.
However, I would like to master this.

Right now, I'm trying to prune Base and Core a bit, to see if I can get
an even smaller install.  I'll let you all know how it goes.

It would be amazing to finally get this done, it would save me a lto of
headache and time.

Thanks!
-dant