Automated kickstart of remote machine

Dan Carpenter error27 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 05:29:18 UTC 2005

I don't think you've given us enough detail to work with but for the
fun of it I'm going to use my imagination to fill in the details.

<create ks.cfg>
cp ks.cfg /
<insert RHEL CD 1>
mount /mnt/cdrom/
cp /mnt/cdrom/isolinux/vmlinuz /boot/
cp /mnt/cdrom/isolinux/initrd.img /boot/

Add this to GRUB.
title load
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz
        initrd /boot/initrd.img ks=hd:hda2/ks.cfg lang= text
devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=16384 reboot
#I assumed root was /dev/hda2 and that it was formated as ext3.

Set GRUB to boot from load by default.  What is your install media btw?

I haven't tested this at all and if you have a typo anywhere or in
your kickstart then you're screwed.  It is simpler to save the ks.cfg
to a floppy and have someone on site to make sure the install goes Ok.

regards,
dan carpenter