Trouble getting include to work in my scripts

Chowdhury, Chandan Dutta chandan-dutta.chowdhury at hp.com
Thu Jun 16 10:57:06 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Espen Stefansen
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 4:20 PM
To: kickstart-list at redhat.com
Subject: Trouble getting include to work in my scripts

In my company we use kickstart to install several different computers,
for instance laptop, desktop or servers. Each kickstart-file is
configured to the specific needs. And in lots of those files, some
sections are similar, like yum-settings.

So for instance if i need to edit some of the yum-settings, i must edit
all of the kickstart-files that uses that yum-setting. Instead i want to
put the yum-settings in it's own file and then include it in the
kickstart-files. That will make it much easier to update.

All the files are in the same directory. So i try to use: %include
yum_conf.inc. But that didn't work. So i tried the full path on the
server, but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how i can make this work....

Regards
Espen Stefansen

Hello,

If I am not wrong, the %include files should be present on  machine
where the install is going on. So you will have to get the file to some
temporary location (eg /tmp ) on the machine on which the installation
is going on and then give the path to the include. You can get the file
through a NFS mount or ftp in the %pre section of the ks.cfg

-CDC