Kickstart Installs of FC2

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 19:55:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, MW Mike Weiner (5028) wrote:

>Thanks for the response, and by the way, I love your debugging
>methodology - nice and simple and straightforward. Well, you're right,
>it DOES seem to find the kickstart file (ks-fc2.cfg) though I did not
>check to ensure it makes its way to /tmp/ks.cfg and it is being
>instructed to mount the repo directory containing the "Fedora" tree of
>the installation CDs. What is NOT happening is the actual install isnt
>taking place, it seems to hang after the pre scripts are run (which
>there arent any), and mounting VFS - just doesn't seem to want to do
>anything after that point.

If you don't change VC what's the last thing to print out on VC1 (the
blue screen (hmm...))?

Does anything happen if left for a full 5 minutes? Sometimes NFS
timeouts can be rather slow.

If you have access on the NFS server, does
# tcpdump -n host <kickstart client IP address>
show any activity?

Cheers,
Phil