Anaconda and Asus P4T

Gavin Jackson GavinJ at trutest.co.nz
Wed Jun 22 20:58:33 UTC 2005

I tried unsuccessfully to install FC3 this last weekend using initially
a kickstart file that I had created and then resorting to using the
graphical interface to attempt a manual install and answering all the
questions when prompted.

I was using a USB flash drive as the location for the kickstart file
and half way through the install, I'd get the following error:
SystemError: (16, 'Device or resource busy')
together with a whole lot of other call trace lines and my config
options. I initially though that the USB system might be the problem
and transferred the kickstart file to a floppy. I don't recall if
the error was the same, but half way thought the install it too spat
the dummy.

I then attempted the manual graphical way selecting to install a
'minimum' system. This install too would get about halfway and stop,
one of the errors given was:
RuntimeError: /usr/sbin/kudzu can not be run

I did some searching and it turned up quite a few hits of people who
had a problem install FC3 on a box that used an Asus P4T mother board.
One solution was to update the bios to the latest version which I did
but it made no difference.

Has anyone here had any problem with using an Asus P4T and if so, was
it every solved and how?

I have downloaded RH9 and will try that again when I get a chance.
I've had Mandrake 9 running and have even built Linux from scratch
without any problems, so the hardware should be good.

System:
Mother board:	Asus P4T
Ram:			512MB RDRAM
CPU			Pentium 1.3GHz
HDD			Two 160GB IDE drives

I'd really appreciate any help I can get to solve this problem.

Thanks

Gavin Jackson
Research & Development Software Engineer
Tru-Test Ltd
PO Box 51078, Pakuranga
Auckland, New Zealand
DDI +64 9 978 8757