Edited comps.xml - now what?

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Wed Jun 22 22:41:35 UTC 2005

> Hello, all -
>
> I've used many suggestions that you guys have provided over the last few
> weeks to create a distribution that I am comfortable with.  However, I'd
> like to take it one step further here.
>
> I have created a comps.xml file that I am happy with.  It's my
> understanding that this file is referenced to 'RedHat/Base/hdlist{2}' to
> map a package alias name against a real filename.
>
> Am I understanding things correctly that if I want to add my own
> packages to comps.xml, I would somehow need to rebuild a
> 'RedHat/Base/hdlist{2}' file(s), including the package names of which I
> would like to add?
>
> Documentation regarding anaconda-runtime is very sparse.  The best info
> I've found came from mailing lists.  Right now, I'm plowing through the
> anaconda-runtime files trying to see which steps I need to preform.  But
> any help from you all would be great.

Someone posted a link to a python script that fairly neatly encapsulates all
the necessary steps (dependency checks, package ordering, and genhdlist) ... I
don't have the link handy - but I've been using it for the last three weeks
(with a few tweaks) and it's working for both 32 and 64-bit versions of RHEL4
for me.

If you want a copy I can send you one.

hth,
Klaus