Console based kickstart file generator

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Thu Jun 30 14:09:46 UTC 2005

> Hello Klaus,
>
> Can you share the same with me ? Where can I find thepackage.
>
> Thanks in advance for all the help

Sorry, no such luck, I put this together by hand. The approach I've taken was
to inject code in between the /sbin/loader starting (the kickstart init
program) and anaconda being launched - something I wouldn't advise unless
you're brave and possibly foolish.

Realistically, though, the kickstart.cfg is just plain text - I grabbed the
docs, and a copy of a ks file I had used on another machine, and I used that
as my reference point for generating things. Make one using the GUI, and start
experimenting with it, would be my best advice.

hth,
Klaus