e1000 still

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Sat Mar 19 17:38:50 UTC 2005

This sounds right.  The spanningtree config will listen on the port for 30
seconds before forwarding packets from the port.  If it were a driver issue
or such, it wouldn't ever work.  By disabiling the spanningtree (or setting
portfast or whatever the option is on your LAN fabric) or adding a 30 second
pause before trying the network should get you going on the first try.

peter