Post reboot commands (howto?)

niko nicolas.catania at hp.com
Fri Mar 4 19:31:18 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am using kickstart (EL3) to setup machines over the network. I would like to
be able to run a script only once when the machine reboots after a successful
installation (script must run with the right kernel and so on...)

The %post sequence is executed before the reboot so that is not doing it.
I was thinking of adding a 'runonce' file in /etc/init.d to do the work and
remove itself. Has anyone a better solution?

Niko

--
Nicolas Catania

HP Change & Configuration Software Operation
+1 408 447-4564
nicolas.catania at hp.com