Display progress during long kickstart %post script

Daniel Segall dan at half-asleep.com
Fri Mar 4 23:06:32 UTC 2005

Thanks for the reply Phil. The dialog commands are all in the
linux-postinstall.sh script that is being executed (see sniplet below).
This has been working as expected with FC1 & RHES3. The main reason this
is done in an external script, rather than within the kickstart file
itself, is because we use the same post-instal script on machines that
were not kicked, and I don't want to have to maintain different code for
each kickstart as well.

--------------- snip --------------------
dialog --backtitle "$BT" --title "NIS" --yesno "Is this system going into
NIS?" 8 60
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
        IPADDR=`dialog --backtitle "$BT" --title "IP Address?" --stdout
--inputbox "Enter your IP address" 8 60`
        HNAME=`dialog --backtitle "$BT" --title "Hostname?" --stdout
--inputbox "Enter yourhostname (without domain)" 8 60`
else
        dialog --backtitle "$BT" --title "See Ya!" --msgbox "Your on your
own, Big Admin" 860
        exit
fi

-Dan