Kickstart problems...

Robert McKenzie Robert.McKenzie at csr.com
Thu Mar 17 10:26:51 UTC 2005

Thanks Philip,

Adding these corrected the problem of the second DHCP request.  I had
another message that suggests the problem for the failure of the second
DHCP request actually be down to the fact that when then kernel loaded
by bootp is loaded it resets the Ethernet ports and causes our switch to
go into spanning-tree learning mode causing a long delay (45seconds or
so), this appears to be the problem we have here.

Even after forcing the options below there was a significant pause
(40-60 seconds) while the system "Determines the host and domain names".
After this, everything loads fine and the server is building.

Thanks for the help.  Wish I'd turned to the list before, too much
wasted time on this was spent.

Cheers!!!