e1000 still

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 23 18:34:56 UTC 2005

Interesting.  My experience with those tools is very limited, but that's
not my idea of how a "passive" device would behave!

But I wonder why this is only an issue with the e1000 driver and
anaconda?  And why aren't 30-45 second delays seen at the beginning of
any install through a switch with spanning tree enabled?  Also, I've
moved network cables on switch ports and they are instantly working.  It
just doesn't add up to me that spanning tree calculations are really a
factor here, if they indeed take that long.

-Ed