copy files from CD to hard-drive

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Mar 25 08:00:20 UTC 2005

I created a custom DVD installer, that also has a kickstart file. On the
custom DVD i also put some files that i want to copy to the installed
system after kickstart finishes up its job.

The problem is, i can't seem to find a way to do that.
I have a pretty large %post section, wich must NOT be run with --
nochroot (a lot of commands must be run on the target system). But from
a chrooted %post i cannot access the install DVD.
If i add after that another %post, this time with --nochroot, i get
"Error code 256 encountered running a kickstart %pre/%post script"

This seems like such a typical situation, it's impossible that someone
else didn't solve it already. So, how do i copy those supplemental files
from the install DVD?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/