e1000 still

seph seph at directionless.org
Sat Mar 26 03:28:07 UTC 2005

"S. W. Davison" <s.davison at computer.org> writes:

> We filed a support request with Red Hat.  Their
> response was basically that anaconda and the rest of
> the installer were working as designed, and that we
> should alter the parameters on our HP Procurve
> switches (turning "spanning tree" off and turning
> "portfast" on were suggested).

That's not in keeping with the errors I was seeing. My understanding
is that if it was a STP problem, the machine wouldn't get an addresses
or be pingable. I was also seeing problems on small gigabit switches
that didn't do STP.

At this point, I haven't thought about it in awhile. So I forget the
details of what I was seeing.

seph